This ministry does not intend to collect personal information, like names or addresses. If any viewer of website desires to provide the same, it would only be used in reply requested information.
We do prefer to analyses technical information about viewer which is being collected automatically at the server end and it never identifies viewer’s identity. The following technical information is being collected:
- The Internet domain of viewer’s internet service provider (e.g. mtnl.net.in) and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which website is accessed.
- The type of browser (such as Firefox, Netscape, or Internet Explorer) and operating system (Windows, Linux) of viewer’s machine.
- The date and time of visit.
- The URL address of pages accessed by viewer.
- The URL address of referring website is being recorded if this website is referred from another website.
The above said information is being used by the ministry for the purpose of value addition and to make the site more useful. Ministry never tracks information about individuals.
When some other websites are visited, that websites may download small pieces of software on the computer / browsing device which are known as cookies. Some cookies collect personal information to recognize the computer in future. The website only uses non-persistent cookies or “per- session cookies”.
The Per-session cookies are used to serve technical purposes, like providing seamless navigation through this website. These cookies do not collect personal information of users and they are deleted as soon as you leave the Ministry’s website. The cookies do not permanently record data and they are not stored on the user’s / viewer’s computer hard drive. The cookies are stored in volatile memory and are only available during an active browsing session. Finally, the cookies disappear once the internet browser window is closed.
If you submit personal information
Ministry does not collect personal information of viewers for any purpose other than to respond their queries (for example, to respond questions received through feedback or provide subscriptions they have chosen). If a viewer desires to provide personal information and submit it to the ministry through email, the same will be used in responding to the queries of the viewer. The ministry only shares the information supplied by the user / viewer with another Government agency if your question relates to that Government agency, or as otherwise, required by law.
This website never collects information or creates individual profiles for commercial marketing. While viewer provides an e-mail address to the website for a localised response to any incoming questions or comments, Ministry recommends to NOT to include any other personal information.
- The Web administrator of this website deploys some commercial software programs to monitor network traffic, to identify unauthorized attempts, to upload or change information and to prevent damage to ensure that the service remains available to all users.
- No other attempts are being made to identify individual users or their usage habits except for authorized law enforcement investigations. Raw data logs are not used for any other purposes and are scheduled for deletion at defined regular period.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change any information on this website are strictly prohibited and are punishable under the Indian IT Act, 2008.